Databases - DB3
- the fingerprints were acquired by using an optical sensor.
- the image size is 448x478.
- the fingerprints are from 19 volunteers between ages 5 to 73 (55% male).
- one-third of the volunteers were over 55 years of age.
- one-third of the volunteers were under 18 years of age.
- one-sixth of the volunteers were under 7 years of age.
- two images of six fingers (thumb, fore and middle on left and right hands) were taken without interleave from each volunteer at each session.
- each volunteer was seen at four sessions, with no more than two sessions on any single day.
- the time between the first and last sessions was at least 3 days and as long as 3 months, depending upon volunteer.
- the sensor platen was systematically cleaned between acquisition of each image.
- at one session with each volunteer, fingers were cleaned with rubbing alcohol and dried.
- some part of the core was apparent in each image, but care was taken to avoid complete overlap between consecutive images taken during a single session.
- the acquired fingerprints were manually analyzed to assure that the maximum rotation is approximately in the range [-15°, 15°] and that each pair of impressions of the same finger have a non-null overlapping area.
Sample images from DB3; each row shows different impressions of the same finger:
Images from DB3; all the samples are from different fingers and are ordered by quality (top-left: high quality, bottom-right: low quality):