Databases - DB2
- the fingerprints were acquired by using a low-cost capacitive sensor
- the image size is 256x364
- the fingerprints are mainly from 20 to 30 year-old students (about 50% male).
- up to four fingers were collected for each volunteer (forefinger and middle finger of both the hands).
- the images were taken from untrained people in two different sessions and no efforts were made to assure a minimum acquisition quality.
- all the images from the same individual were acquired by interleaving the acquisition of the different fingers (e.g., first sample of left forefinger, first sample of right forefinger, first sample of left middle, first sample of right middle, second sample of the left forefinger, ...).
- the presence of the fingerprint cores and deltas is not guaranteed since no attention was paid on checking the correct finger centering.
- the sensor platens were not systematically cleaned (as usually suggested by the sensor vendors).
- the acquired fingerprints were manually analyzed to assure that the maximum rotation is approximately in the range [-15°, 15°] and that each pair of impressions of the same finger have a non-null overlapping area.
Sample images from DB2; each row shows different impressions of the same finger:
Images from DB2; all the samples are from different fingers and are ordered by quality (top-left: high quality, bottom-right: low quality):